My English Poem On Reading A Novel- "coffee & Novel @ Night"



While reading a classic novel,
And sipping a cup of hot coffee,
Into the world, there I go,
With pleasure having no boundary,
Me and my elation enjoys quietly and lonely.

In the late night when all got asleep,
To get the meaning into novel I peep,
Trying to know the message so deep,
Sometimes it compels my eyes to weep,
And then I go to a sweet, sound sleep.

With coffee's aroma and flavour,
Gets blend my dreams to endeavour,
The combination I could seldom find ever,
Asks to my euphoria, to ooze, as a favour,
And my adrenaline rushes, as rushed never.

I get drown into each novel I read,
Knowledge in it irrigates my sown dream-seed,
I swim in the pool of words like a fish,
Becoming a good thinker- I always wish,
To serve my desires on a dream-dish.

I feel like a bird with all the liberty,
Flying high as if sky is my property,
Out of the world's face of duality,
Out of the world's face of cruelty,
My flight lands into the world of purity.
- Monu Awalla

4 comments:

chitra said...

When everybody is writing lengthy posts on different topics I love to see your poems for a change, as they are simple, full of meaning and brings out your grip of the English language. All the best.

Monu Awalla said...

so sweet Chitra... I loved this comment!!Thanks.

3.14-eater said...

Superb simplicity in words. Keep this kind of work up.

Monu Awalla said...

Thank u soo much Radhika.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...